GREENVILLE HIGH SCHOOLNAVAL JUNIOR RESERVE OFFICERS TRAINING CORPS
Please check the blog and calendar for latest news!! The SNSI/NSI can be contacted at the numbers/email listed in the contacts section. Have a great Navy Day!Booster Club Information can be found by clicking on, or copy and pasting the following URL in your web browser: http://www.greenvillerotcboosters.com/
The Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (NJROTC) program is established under the authority of the ROTC Vitalization Act of 1964, which directed the Secretaries of each military service to establish and maintain JROTC units for their respective services.
The purpose and objectives of the NJROTC program are to offer instruction at secondary level educational institutions with the approval of the Navy. The purpose of these programs is to instill in students in secondary educational institutions the values of citizenship, service to the United States, personal responsibility, and a sense of accomplishment.
There are 13 objectives of the NJROTC program:
1. Promote patriotism.
2. Develop informed and responsible citizens.
3. Promote habits of orderliness and precision.
4. Develop a high degree of personal honor, self-reliance, individual discipline, and leadership.
5. Promote an understanding of the basic elements of, and need for, national security.
6 Develop respect for, and an understanding of, the need for authority in a democratic society.
7. Promote community service.
8. Provide incentives to live healthy and drug free.
9. Develop leadership potential.
10. Provide an alternative to destructive behavior and activities, such as gang involvement.
11. Promote high school completion.
12. Promote continuing education.
13. Provide information on the military services as a possible career.