Nov. 3 is the new date for the school board election
The Greenville ISD's General Election for Board of Trustee Districts 2, 3 and 4 has been postponed from May 2 to Nov. 3, 2020.
On March 18, the Governor of the State of Texas issued a proclamation suspending certain provisions of the Texas Election code to allow local political subdivisions to postpone their election until the Nov. 3, 2020 uniform election date. On March 24, the GISD School Board signed an order postponing the election, which was originally scheduled for May 2, 2020.
The candidate filings for the election will remain valid, and the filing period will not be reopened for the Nov. 3 election.
Greenville ISD is divided into seven single-member districts with one trustee representing each district. Voters residing within the boundaries of each single-member district elect trustees. Candidates are required to live in the district in order to run for that district's trustee position.
For general questions regarding this election, please contact GISD Chief Communications Officer Helen Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for filing for an application for a place on a ballot or declaration of write-in candidacy was February 14, 2020, for the May 2 election that has been postponed to Nov. 3.
The major relevant dates for the Nov. 3, 2020 election are:
- Oct. 5: Voter registration deadline
- Oct. 19-30: Early voting
- Oct. 23: Deadline to submit an application for ballot by mail
Required Postings (Note: these postings do not need to be revised due to the rescheduled election)
To register to vote, please call Hunt County Elections Administrator Jose Martinez at 903-454-5467. The deadline to register to vote is October 5, 2020.
Early voting will be conducted at the Hunt County Voter Administration Building at 2217A Washington St., Greenville, TX 75401 from Oct. 19-30 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. There will also be two 12-hour days (7 am-7 pm), to be announced by the Hunt County Voter Administraion at a later date.
Frequently Asked Questions
This article published by the Texas Association of School Boards' Legal Services division answers questions about eligibility, requirements, filings and more.
HB 305 requirements
- Greenville ISD is located at 4004 Moulton St. Greenville, TX 75401. The mailing address is PO Box 1022 Greenville, TX 75403. The contact phone number is 903-457-2500.
- Elected officials are listed HERE.
- The next election will be held Nov. 3, 2020.
- Requirements & Deadlines for filing for candidacy:
- Candidates are required to apply for a place on the ballot in writing. The candidate application must be signed and sworn to by the candidate.
- Filing for an application for a place on the ballot ended Feb. 14, 2020.
- This article published by the Texas Association of School Boards' Legal Services division answers questions about eligibility, requirements, filings and more.
- Notices of School Board meetings are posted HERE.
- Records and minutes of School Board meetings are posted HERE.