Friday, Feb. 12 is the deadline to file for a place on the ballot for the May 1 election. In the event that buildings are closed due to inclement weather, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Feb. 12.
Elections for Districts 5 and 7 set for May 1
Elections for Districts 5 and 7 are scheduled for May 1, 2021.
Greenville ISD is divided into seven single-member districts with one trustee representing each district. Voters residing within the boundaries of each single-member district elect trustees. Candidates are required to live in the district in order to run for that district's trustee position.
The major relevant dates for the May 1, 2021 election are:Jan. 13 - First day to file for a place on the ballotFeb. 12 - Last day to file for a place on the ballotFeb. 12 - Last day to order electionFeb. 16 - Last day to file as a write-in candidateApril 1 - Last day to register to voteApril 19-27 - Early votingApril 20 - Last day to apply for ballot by mail (received, not postmarked)May 1 - Election Day
To register to vote, please call Hunt County Elections Administrator Jose Martinez at 903-454-5467. The deadline to register to vote in the May 1, 2021 election is April 1, 2021.
Early voting will take place at the Hunt County Voters Administration Office (2217A Washington St. Greenville, Tx. 75401) 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday, April 19 - Tuesday, April 27. M-F only.
Early voting extended hours and days: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 20 AND Thursday, April 22.
Election day voting location for Place 5 will be at the Fletcher Warren Civic Center (5501 Hwy 69S Greenville, Tx. 75402) and Place 7 at the Reecy Davis Recreation Center (4320 Lee St. Greenville, Tx. 75401)
Frequently Asked Questions
This article published by the Texas Association of School Boards' Legal Services division answers questions about eligibility, requirements, filings and more.
HB 305 requirements
- Greenville ISD is located at 4004 Moulton St. Greenville, TX 75401. The mailing address is PO Box 1022 Greenville, TX 75403. The contact phone number is 903-457-2500. Fax is 903-457-2575.
- Elected officials are listed HERE.
- The next election will be held May 1, 2021.
- Requirements & Deadlines for filing for candidacy:
- Candidates are required to apply for a place on the ballot in writing. The candidate application must be signed and sworn to by the candidate. The candidate must also complete a verbal oath before a notary public and have the application notarized. The oath is included in the application.
- The deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot is 5 p.m. Feb. 12, 2021. Please leave time to complete the application, have the oath administered and the form notarized.
- Applications may be delivered in the following ways: in person during regular business hours; by mail; by fax; by email to email@example.com. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Feb. 12, 2021. If you send the application by fax or mail, please call GISD Chief Communications Officer Helen Williams at 903-408-4453 to confirm receipt.
- Candidate packets are available in the Communications Office, 4004 Moulton St. Greenville, TX 75401.
- Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for public office (141.001, TEC) in order to run for office.
- This article published by the Texas Association of School Boards' Legal Services division includes information about eligibility, requirements, filings and more.
- Notices of School Board meetings are posted HERE.
- Records and minutes of School Board meetings are posted HERE.
For general questions regarding this election, please contact GISD Chief Communications Officer Helen Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.