Greenville ISD Elections
The next election will be held May 7, 2022. Places 1 and 6 are scheduled to be on the ballot.
To register to vote, please call Hunt County Voters Administration Office at 903-454-5467. The deadline to register to vote in the May 7, 2022 election is Monday, April 25, 2022.
Early voting will take place at the Hunt County Voters Administration Office (2217A Washington St. Greenville, Tx. 75401) 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday, April 25 - Tuesday, May 3. M-F only.
Early voting extended hours and days will be announced by Hunt County Voter Administration.
Election day voting locations will be announced by Hunt County Voter Administration.
Frequently Asked Questions
This article published by the Texas Association of School Boards' Legal Services division answers questions about eligibility, requirements, filings and more.
HB 305 requirements
- Greenville ISD is located at 4004 Moulton St. Greenville, TX 75401. The mailing address is PO Box 1022 Greenville, TX 75403. The contact phone number is 903-457-2500. Fax is 903-457-2575.
- Elected officials are listed HERE.
- The next election will be held May 7, 2022.
- Requirements & Deadlines for filing for candidacy:
- Candidates are required to apply for a place on the ballot in writing. The candidate application must be signed and sworn to by the candidate. The candidate must also complete a verbal oath before a notary public and have the application notarized. The oath is included in the application.
- The deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot is 5 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022. Please leave time to complete the application, have the oath administered and the form notarized.
- Applications may be delivered in the following ways: in person during regular business hours; by mail; by fax; by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2022. If you send the application by fax or mail, please call GISD Chief Communications Officer Helen Williams at 903-408-4453 to confirm receipt.
- Candidate packets are available in the Communications Office, 4004 Moulton St. Greenville, TX 75401.
- Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for public office (141.001, TEC) in order to run for office.
- This article published by the Texas Association of School Boards' Legal Services division includes information about eligibility, requirements, filings and more.
- Notices of School Board meetings are posted HERE.
- Records and minutes of School Board meetings are posted HERE.
Required Postings - May 2021 election (canceled - candidates were unopposed)
For general questions regarding this election, please contact GISD Chief Communications Officer Helen Williams at email@example.com.