A Look Inside GISD
- Enrollment: 5,500
- 4 Elementary Campuses (Kindergarten – Fourth Grade)
- 1 Fifth & Sixth Grade Center
- 1 Middle School
- 2 High Schools - 1 Traditional (Greenville HS) and 1 Alternative Learning Center (New Horizons HS)
- 1 Early Childhood Center (includes 3-year old Pre-Kindergarten, 4-year old Pre-Kindergarten, and Hunt County Head Start Program)
- Forever A Lion, a partnership with Texas A&M University - Commerce that provides a pathway to college for every Greenville High School graduate.
- Growing Up Bilingual, a dual language program that allows students to grow up studying subjects in English and Spanish, preparing them to succeed in a competitive marketplace.
- Elementary STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) academy (Katherine G Johnson STEM Academy, located @ Crockett Elementary). This dedicated school of choice emphasizes STEM exploration for elementary students.
- Early College High School, a powerful grant-funded initiative that allows students to graduate from high school with an Associate's Degree in Engineering from Paris Junior College.
- Practice sound financial stewardship by operating within a balanced budget
- Continue to improve student achievement through excellent and innovative teaching and learning
- Intentionally work to narrow the academic achievement gap among student groups
- Celebrate staff and student achievements, spreading the word that GISD is a great place to work, live and learn
- Seize every opportunity to build pride in GISD, both within the district and in the community it serves
Points of Pride
- Greenville ISD students have a 95% graduation rate (latest audited data: 2021-22 TAPR)
- Greenville ISD received a 98 (A) on the most recent FIRST rating (2021-22 fiscal year)
- The GISD School Board was named one of five state finalists for the HEB's 2020 Outstanding School Board Award.
- Robust academic offerings and industry certification opportunities in Career and Technical Education with a state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot facility at Greenville High School
- State, national, and world championship-winning Robotics Teams
- 6 National Solar Car Championships
- GISD Destination Imagination teams have a rich history in competing at the highest level in the world’s largest creative problem solving competition
- Robust & innovative programs for gifted & talented students
- Dual credit offerings through Paris Junior College in core academics and Career and Technical Education
- GISD offers an Early College High School program where students graduate with an associate degree from Paris Junior College along with their high school diploma
- Recognized Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (NJROTC) with “Outstanding” rating.
- Award-winning fine arts programs offered elementary through high school including our Lion Pride Band, GHS Mane Attraction Theatre Group, choir, music and art classes at all levels
- Home of the FIRST drill team in the world, the GHS Flaming Flashes, founded by Gussie Nell Davis, also the creator of the Kilgore Rangerettes
- Nationally recognized FFA program, as well as many other agricultural offerings
- State-recognized 21st Century After-School Program (ACE)
- Competitive athletics programs
- Partnerships with colleges and universities, particularly Paris Junior College and Texas A&M Commerce
- A diverse student body that reflects the rich cultures and differences throughout our community
- Highly qualified and skilled teachers in every classroom
- Officers of the GISD Police Department are fully certified, highly trained and qualified to help create the safest learning environment possible for our students, staff and visitors.
- Greenville ISD received an "A" rating in fiscal accountability
- The GISD School Board has passed and maintained a balanced budget for the last four school years