Is your son or daughter interested in playing a stringed instrument? We are accepting new applications now!
What are the benefits of Suzuki study at Greenville ISD? Take a look!
- The program offers weekly individual lessons (parents must be available to attend each private lesson) with your assigned Suzuki instructor.
- There are several after-school group classes each month.
- An instrument is provided to those who do not have one already.
- Students get to learn from the methodology created by violinist and humanitarian Shinichi Suzuki that is based on the philosophy that any child can learn!
- Suzuki students participate with other students from 8 schools across the district!
- Once in the program, students can continue their Suzuki study through high school!
- Many studies show correlation between the study of music and high academic achievement and cognitive development. Playing an instrument utilizes all parts of the brain!
- Students get to perform many times throughout the school year, and are sometimes even selected for special performing field trips.
- The Suzuki Method has a worldwide presence. Since we play from graded volumes of repertoire that are used by all Suzuki instructors, your child could play music with other children around the world that don’t even speak the same language!
- Note reading is taught, but not at first. Instead, we approach learning the instrument much like language acquisition. . .by ear!
- Parents act as the child’s “home teacher,” and thus the success of the child is dependent upon parent responsibility and the use of loving encouragement.
- Skill is acquired by utilizing constant repetition.
While this program is offered to any family who is able to commit to program requirements, space is very limited. Return the intent form at your earliest convenience for optimal consideration. Submitting this form does not guarantee your child a space in the program. If we do not have an opening at your child’s grade level, we will put your child on our wait list, which remains active. Notification of program acceptance will occur on a rolling basis, and is contingent on the parent(s) completing our New Parent Orientation and several lesson.
*If you have submitted an intent form prior to this school year, you do not need to submit another one. Your child is still on our wait list. Call at any time to get an update on your wait list status.