- Enrollment: 5,400
- 5 Elementary Campuses (Kindergarten – Fifth Grade)
- 1 Sixth Grade Center
- 1 Middle School
- 2 High Schools (1 Traditional [Greenville HS] and 1 Alternative Learning Center [New Horizons])
- 1 Early Childhood Center (includes 3-year old Pre-Kindergarten, 4-year old Pre-Kindergarten, and Hunt County Head Start Program)
- Forever A Lion, a partnership with Texas A&M Commerce that provides a pathway to college for every Greenville High School graduate
- Growing Up Bilingual, a dual language program that allows students to grow up studying subjects in English and Spanish, preparing them to succeed in a competitive marketplace
- Elementary STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) academy (Katherine G Johnson STEM Academy, located @ Crockett Elementary). This dedicated school of choice emphasizes STEM exploration for elementary students.
- Early College High School, a powerful grant-funded initiative that allows students to graduate from high school with an associate's degree
- Practice sound financial stewardship by operating within a balanced budget
- Continue to improve student achievement through excellent and innovative teaching and learning
- Intentionally work to narrow the academic achievement gap among student groups
- Celebrate staff and student achievements, spreading the word that GISD is a great place to work, live and learn
- Seize every opportunity to build pride in GISD, both within the district and in the community it serves
Points of Pride
- Greenville ISD students have a 98.5% completion rate (latest audited data: 2017).
- The GISD School Board was named one of five state finalists for the HEB's 2020 Outstanding School Board Award. The winner will be announced in May.
- Robust academic offerings and industry certification opportunities in Career and Technical Education with a state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot facility
- Recently updated campuses to enhance safety, security, and 21st-century learning
- State, national, and world championship-winning Robotics teams
- 5 National Solar Car Championships
- Destination Imagination teams have qualified for Global finals for the last 10 years
- Robust & innovative programs for gifted & talented students
- Dual credit offerings through area junior college in core academics and Career and Technical Education
- Recognized Navy Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (NJROTC) with “Outstanding” rating.
- Award-winning fine arts programs offered elementary through high school including our Lion Pride Band, theater, choir, art, and Suzuki strings
- Home of the FIRST drill team in the world, the GHS Flaming Flashes, founded by Gussie Nell Davis, also the creator of the Kilgore Rangerettes.
- Nationally recognized Future Farmers of America program, as well as many other agriculture offerings
- State-recognized 21st Century After-School Program (ACE)
- Competitive athletics programs
- Partnerships with colleges and universities, particularly Paris Junior College and Texas A&M Commerce
- A diverse student body that reflects the rich cultures and differences throughout our community
- Highly qualified and skilled teachers in every classroom
- GISD trustees passed a balanced budget for 2018-19 and 2019-20.