Rock-A-Bots, Cyborgs & Protobots rock the competition
On Saturday January 27th, the Katherine G. Johnson STEM Academy Rock-A-Bots, Greenville Sixth Grade Center Cyborgs and Greenville Middle School Protobots entered the VEX IQ Tournament at Boles High School. Forty-five robots were entered in the tournament.
- The Protobots Team 5148C made up of Jared Rice and Aiden Schafft completed the qualification rounds in 2nd They joined Team 33310C, Gnarly Narwhals from Amy Parks Elementary in Rockwall to form the number one alliance. They become the Teamwork Champion with a high score of 152 points in the tiebreaker in the playoffs.
- Team 5148C was also the Robot Skills Champions.
- Team 5148C also won the Excellence Award. The Excellence Award is the highest award presented in the VEX IQ Robotics Competition. This award is presented to a team that exemplifies overall excellence in creating a high quality VEX IQ robotics program.
- Team 5148C won the 3 highest awards given at any VEX IQ Tournament.
- Team 5148F whose members are Trevor Yosten, Evan Bennett, Nasario Munoz-Navarrete and Stephen Baird finished the qualification rounds in 2nd They joined Team 23172A, the Hive from Boles ISD. They became Teamwork Finalists, which means they finished the tournament in second place.
- Team 5148F also won the Design Award. The Design Award recipient demonstrates the ability to implement the most effective and efficient robot design process.
- The Rock-A-Bots Team 148D whose members are Urban Casper, Avery Phillips, Brantley Spraggins and Christian Vidal joined the Cyborgs Team 3148A consisting of Avery Chambers, Alexander Uglade and Cody Watson to finish the Teamwork Challenge in 3rd
- Team 3148A was 5th in the Robot Skills Challenge.
- The Protobots Team 5148A consisting of John Shuler, Jose Vaca, Aryan Patel joined Cyborgs Team 3148P whose members are Joseph Zurita, Grant Spencer and Dillon Bobbitt to finish the Teamwork Challenge in 4th
- The Rock-A-Bots Team 148B consisting of Lana Valderrama, Ke Asia Williams, Lizzania Osornio, Keyla Torres and Hannah Walton joined Cyborgs Team 3148H whose members are Ruben Enriquez, Caleb Salazar and Ashton Woods to finish the Teamwork Challenge in 6th
- The Protobots Team 5148E consisting of Japheth Cranfill and Richard Turner joined Rock-A-Bots Team 148A whose members are Norrin Jones, Trenton Poindexter, Joy Ramos, Samuel Sadler and Jackson Skinner to finish the Teamwork Challenge in 7th
- Team 148A was 8th in the Robot Skills Challenge.
- Team 5148E was 9th in the Robot Skills Challenge.
- Cyborgs 3148K consisting of Jaxon Marshall, Kenobi Corrrales and Miquel Garcia joined Team 56565B, the Foxbots from Caddo Mills Middle School to finish the Teamwork Challenge in 9th
- Team 3148K was 10th in the Robot Skills Challenge.
- Rock-A-Bots Team 148C whose members are Ashley Chavez, Ximena Muniz, Emily Cotton, and Alise Sousa joined Team 23172C, The Hive from Boles ISD to finish the Teamwork Challenge in 10th
The Katherine G. Johnson Stem Academy Rock-A-Bots, Greenville Sixth Grade Center Cyborgs and Greenville Middle School Protobots next compete in the North Texas Elementary School/Middle School VEX IQ Ringmaster Championship in Greenville on March 3rd.
For additional information about the Greenville High School/ Middle School VEX Robotics Program, email Johnny Tharp, Director of VEX Robotics at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (903) 408-4432.