#IAmGISD pride will shine in Christmas Parade of Lights Tuesday
Greenville ISD campuses and organizations will be showing off their #IAmGISD pride in the upcoming Greenville Christmas Parade of Lights.
Here are a few details about the various GISD floats and organizations you'll see in the parade:
- Greenville High School students and staff are showing their Lion Pride, starring the giant lion that peers out from the office
- Greenville High School FFA students and sponsors will show their pride for the TENTH row in a year with their colorful display
- Greenville Middle School students have a soft spot for animals, and their theme is a Season for Giving, which they are putting into action by raising money for Hunt County Pets Alive. A couple of students asked if they could have live pets on the float, but they were told that could get a little messy, so they'll stick with props for now!
- Bowie Elementary is welcoming the holiday season by rocking around the Christmas tree! Students will dress in their best 1950s attire and singing Christmas songs in English and Spanish!
- Carver Elementary will be presenting A Cool Cat Wonderland! Faculty and staff have been diligently working with much support and INCREDIBLE ingenuity of George Kroncke and his GHS Auto Shop students. The beautiful part of it all is that many of his students are Carver Elementary alum!
- Lamar Elementary will be celebrating Christmas Hawaiian style with Mele Kalikimaka! Students will be dressed in their favorite bright colors and Hawaiian shirts.
- Look for elves on the Travis-Sixth Grade Center's Winter Wonderland float. Thanks to ACE Senior Aide Taylor Lowery for being Chief Elf!
- GHS Band, Flashes and ROTC/ROTC Honor Guard will play, march and dance!
Due to inclement weather, the festivities are set to begin at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11 at the Greenville Municipal Building, 2821 Washington St. Activities will include pictures with Santa, bounce houses, petting zoo and pony rides. Staging will also begin at 4 p.m., and the parade will begin at 6 p.m.
As students and sponsors work on their creations, new ideas flourish every day. But one thing is for sure: #IAmGISD pride will be on display when the parade rolls on Tuesday!