Everything you need to know to get ready for Thursday's playoff game!
Photos by April Momon
Are you ready for some playoff football?
The Greenville Lions are going to the playoffs for the first time since 2003, and the town is rallying around the team!
"I'm super proud of these kids! These Lions are the toughest and hardest-working team on the field every night, and their relentless will to win has lead us to the playoffs," Athletic Director and Head Football Coach Darren Duke said. "The players and coaches have all sacrificed and invested so much to make this happen, and we are thrilled to share it with the Lion family. Friday Night Lights involves so many groups: players, band, Flashes, cheer, JROTC, and all of them work together to make it a show for the entire community to be proud of."
Coach Duke described the Lions' winning spirit in this recent article in Dave Campbell's Texas Football magazine.
Thanks to Larry Ellis for the full-page ads in the Herald Banner! And thanks to Hunt County Radio for the spots cheering on the Lions!
Here's everything you need to know to get ready for Thursday's playoff game!
- Who: Greenville Lions vs. Frisco Racoons
- What: Bi-District Championship Game
- When: 7 p.m. Thursday, November 14
- Where: Frisco Star, which is toasty and dry inside! (9 Cowboys Way, Frisco, TX. 75034)
- Online ticket sales: Purchase tickets online HERE.
- Pre-sale tickets and gate tickets: Pre-sale tickets will be available at the athletic office. $6 for adults; $3 for students. $8 at the gate. The athletic office is located next to the stadium at GHS. Office hours Tuesday and Wednesday 8am - 12pm / 1pm - 4pm. Ticket sales will end at 12pm on Thursday.
- Questions: email Courtney Crumpton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903-453-3652
District & THSCA passes will be accepted. If you are using a district pass, you will need to go to the table outside the ticket office and get a ticket to be admitted at the gate.
The Frisco Star has a clear bag policy. Seat cushions are prohibited. Please see the picture below for more information.
Click HERE to see the UIL playoff bracket.