GISD wins 14 awards for excellence in school communications
Greenville ISD won 14 awards from the Texas School Public Relations Association (TSPRA) for excellence in school communications.
“We are so proud of our students, teachers and the community that make up Greenville ISD,” Chief Communications Officer Helen Williams said. “It is such an honor to tell the stories of the remarkable things they do each and every day."
The awards were presented during the 2020 TSPRA Annual Conference. Professional judges evaluated more than 1,606 submissions statewide and selected winners based on criteria set by TSPRA. School districts were judged among three separate categories: less than 10,000 students, 10,000 to 30,000 students, and more than 30,000 students. GISD earned the following awards:
- Best in State Award and Gold Star Award for GISD Swap & Drop flyer
- Gold Star Award for “Mary Alice’s Top 10 Words of Wisdom” story
- Gold Star Award for GISD Proud Campaign Identity/Image package
- Gold Star Award for GISD Main Event invitation
- Gold Star Award for introducing the GISD PRIDE Center brochure
- Gold Star Award for I Am GISD video
- Gold Star Award for GISD website
- Silver Star Award for #IAmGISD booklet
- Silver Star Award for “Nigerian artist donates elegant artwork to GISD” story
- Silver Star Award for Our Family Is Proud to Choose GISD billboard
- Bronze Star Award for Shooting for the Stars photo
- Bronze Star Award for Color Me Kind photo
- Bronze Star Award for The Future Begins Here photo
The Texas School Public Relations Association (TSPRA) is a nonprofit, professional organization dedicated to promoting public schools through effective communications. TSPRA, an award-winning chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA), was chartered in 1962 and incorporated in 1977. With more than 900 members, TSPRA is comprised primarily of public information and communications professionals who serve the public school districts and education organizations of Texas.