Apply now to be part of GISD’s Leadership Class
Would you like to join Greenville ISD for a working lunch once a month to meet district leaders and learn about school business?
Then consider submitting a letter of interest to become a member of Greenville ISD’s Leadership Class.
GISD’s Leadership Class is a program devoted to educating community members about the school district and creating an ongoing collaborative relationship with participants. The class will consist of 25 participants who will learn all about GISD, the third largest employer in the community.
The class will meet for eight sessions via a working lunch (11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) on the following dates and will discuss the following topics:
1. Oct. 12, 2023 - Overview and Governance
2. Nov. 16, 2023 - Curriculum and Instruction
3. Dec. 14, 2023 - Organizational Leadership
4. Jan. 18, 2024 - Campus Leadership
5. Feb. 22, 2024 - Maintenance & Operations
6. March 21, 2024 - Finance
7. April 18, 2024 - Safety, Security and Technology
8. May 16, 2024 - Concluding Session: Student Spotlight and Celebration
Submit your interest now: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MZNS5SG
The deadline to apply is Friday, September 22, 2023. If you have questions, please give us a call at 903-408-4453 or send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
What is the Greenville ISD Leadership Class?
GISD’s Leadership Class is a program devoted to educating community members about the school district and creating an ongoing collaborative relationship with participants. The class meets once every month during a working lunch (11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) to learn about GISD and to have an opportunity to ask questions and provide input with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
What are the primary objectives of the program?
- To provide an overview of GISD and its commitment to serving students, families and the community
- To create meaningful dialogue and a powerful partnership among community members and GISD
- To foster partnerships and foster new ideas that benefit students and their contribution to the future of the Greenville community
Who benefits from the program?
- Participants will learn about GISD.
- GISD students, staff and the community, as a whole, will benefit from these newly formed partnerships and opportunities that are developed out of this opportunity.
How does the program work?
- The time period spans eight months. (October 2023 - May 2024)
- Up to 25 individuals will make up a class.
- The class will meet once a month during a working lunch (11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) Lunch provided by GISD.
- Participants will learn operating components that make up GISD, including:
1. Overview and Governance
2. Curriculum and Instruction
3. Organizational Leadership
4. Campus Leadership
5. Maintenance & Operations
7. Safety, Security and Technology
8. Concluding Session: Student Spotlight and Celebration
Where are sessions held?
Sessions will be held on various GISD campuses and facilities.
What happens during a session?
Session formats vary to include discussion groups and high-level overviews. The final session is a student spotlight and celebration.
Who should apply?
Community members who are committed to serving as catalysts and sustainers of positive change for the future of education in Greenville ISD. To submit your interest today, fill out THIS FORM.