GISD Leadership Class 2023
What is the Greenville ISD Leadership Class?
GISD’s Leadership Class is a program devoted to educating community members about the school district and creating an ongoing collaborative relationship with participants. The class will meet once every month for a working lunch (11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.) to learn about GISD and to have an opportunity to ask questions and provide input with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
What are the primary objectives of the program?
- To provide an understanding of GISD and its commitment to serving students, families and the community
- To create a meaningful dialogue and a powerful partnership among community members and GISD
- To foster partnerships and foster new ideas that benefit students and their contribution to the future of the Greenville community
Who benefits from the program?
- Participants will learn about what makes GISD and other public school districts tick.
- GISD students, staff and the community as a whole will benefit from newly formed partnerships and opportunities that are developed out of the joint collaboration.
How does the program work?
- The time period spans nine months (January to September for 2023 class and September to May for future classes).
- Up to 25 individuals will make up a class.
- The class will meet once a month for a working lunch (11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.). Lunches provided by GISD.
- Participants will learn components that make GISD operate, including:
- Overview and Governance
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Organizational Leadership
- Campus Leadership
- Maintenance & Operations
- Safety, Security and Technology
- Concluding Session: Student Spotlight and Celebration
What's the schedule?
Working lunches (11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.) are planned on the following dates:
- Jan. 19
- Feb. 23
- March 23
- April 20
- May 18
- June 22
- July 20
- Aug. 17
- Sept. 21
Where are sessions held?
Sessions will be held on various GISD campuses and facilities.
What happens during a session?
Session formats vary to include discussion groups and high-level overviews.
The final session is a student spotlight and celebration.
Who should apply?
Community members who are committed to serving as catalysts and sustainers of positive change for the future of education in Greenville ISD. To apply, fill out this form. If you have questions, please give us a call at 903-408-4453 or send us an e-mail to email@example.com.